1. Full rating
- All 7 elements of the Generic Scorecard.
- Annual turnover > R35 million.
- Sector Code.
2. Qualifying Small Enterprises (QSE)
- Annual turnover between R5 million and R35 million.
- All elements are measured.
- 4 of the 7 elements are used, each counting 25%.
- A QSE can elect to be measured in terms of the Generic Scorecard.
4. Exempted Micro Enterprise (EME)
- Annual turnover < R5 million.
- 65% if < 50.1% black-owned – Level Four Contributor – 100% BEE procurement recognition level. 75% if > 50.1% black-owned – Level Three Contributor – 110% BEE procurement recognition level.
- An EME can elect to be measured using the QSE Scorecard.
5. Start-up Enterprises
- Measured as an EME for the first year following formation (regardless of expected total revenue).
- Enterprise must provide an independent confirmation of its status.
- If tendering for any contract:
- QSE Scorecard if the contract value is between R5 million and R35 million
- Generic Scorecard if the contract value is > R35 million
6. Specialised Enterprises
- Companies limited by guarantee.
- Higher education institutions.
- Non-profit organisations.
- Public entities and enterprises wholly owned by organs of state.
- Public benefit schemes.
- Section 21 companies
- Adjusted Generic Scorecard and an Adjusted Qualifying Small Enterprise Scorecard is used, depending on the enterprise’s annual turnover.